These spicy buffalo cauliflower bites are yummy AND vegan. Last night we watched the NBA finals and were really in the mood for bad food. Before my boyfriend was a vegetarian one of his favorite things to eat was hot wings.
I’m always down for pizza and wings. But if I ever want to lose this stubborn 10 pounds I gained literally the minute I turned 25, I’m going to have to give pizza and wings a break for a while.
A wonderful and quick substitute for hot wings is these spicy buffalo cauliflower bites. They look exactly like chicken when they’re tossed in buffalo sauce. They are REALLY spicy, but dipped in Ranch dressing or blue cheese they are just right.
They are also quick and easy to make. They go in the oven for about 20 minutes at 450 degrees.
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 3/4 cup Frank’s RedHot Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp melted margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together hot sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and melted butter.
- Add cauliflower florets to bowl, breaking any large pieces into smaller bite-sized pieces, or wing-sized pieces.
- Stir until covered in sauce. Stir slowly and kind of lift and push them around the bowl so that none jump out.
- Spread out on a baking sheet and drizzle any extra sauce on top.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Enjoy with Ranch or blue cheese!